Counter Ticket Cancellation
This facility will be available only to those passengers who have given their mobile numbers at the time of booking the ticket.
For cancellation of Counter Tickets / Paper Tickets issued on Railway Counters, passengers need to dial 139 and select option 6 from the main menu of IVR(Interactive Voice Recorder). They will be given a One Time Password (OTP) on their Mobile.
Alternately, Passengers can also cancel confirmed tickets through SMS by sending PNR number and train number to 139. User will get an OTP number via SMS on Mobile.
Only after verification of the OTP, cancellation will be processed.
After that passenger can reach the Railway Counter within stipulated time to get their refund. No refund would be given after the expiry of the stipulated time limit.
Counter Ticket Cancellation Procedure
- Go to https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf
- Enter PNR Number
- Enter Train number
- Fill the Captcha.
- Select Check box to confirm rules and procedures.
- Click on ‘Submit‘.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent on mobile number given at the time of booking via SMS
- Enter the received OTP and click ‘Submit‘.
- After OTP validatation, PNR details will be displayed.
- Click on ‘Cancel Ticket‘ for full cancellation.
- Refund Amount due will be shown.
- An SMS will be sent to your Mobile Number with PNR and refund details.
- Refund of fare has to be collected at Railway Counter of Journey commencing (start) station or nearby satellite locations
Counter Ticket Cancellation Rules
- Cancellation of Tickets and refund of fare will be permitted only on fully confirmed Counter tickets and not in case of late running of trains or cancellation of trains.
- This may be applicable only in case valid mobile number has been given at the time of booking.
- Online cancellation may be permitted on the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is (i) between 1801 hours and 0600 hours (not in advance) and (ii) between 0601 hours to 1800 hours (same day not in advance).
- Online cancellation of Counter Tickets or cancellation through 139 will be allowed only up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
- Refund can be claimed during the first two hours of the opening of the PRS counters on the next day for the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is between 1801 hrs and 0600 hrs. For trains whose scheduled departure time is is between 0601 hrs and 1800 hrs, refund can be claimed up to four hours after the scheduled departure of the train during the working hours of the PRS counters where cancellation is allowed round the clock.
- Refund of fare amount shall be collected only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations