tatkal tickets are meant for last minute or immediate plans. Tatkal ticket booking opens at 10 a.m. for AC class and at 11 a.m. for non-AC class one day in advance from the actual date of starting point of the train. For example, for a train leaving on 7th from Bangalore Railway Station, railway tatkal booking timing 10 a.m. for AC class and 11 a.m. for non-AC class on 6th.
Follow the steps to book a tatkal ticket more efficiently:
- Keep all your IDs such as PAN card or driving license and credit card/debit card details of one of the travellers ready. This saves you a lot of time at the time of booking.
- Login to IRCTC website 5-10 minutes before the booking starts.
- Choose the origin and destination, choose the date enter the ticket type and then click on ‘Find Trains’. Or better still, you can have all these details written down on a notepad and then copy-paste to save time.
- Select quota as Tatkal and click on Book Now.
- Enter passenger details and click ‘Next’. This takes you to payment.
- Use the relevant payment option (Netbanking or credit/debit card). Make sure you have your phone with you to receive OTP and enter it. This completes the process to book a tatkal ticket.
Please note: A maximum of 1 ticket (maximum of 4 passengers per ticket) from one user account can be booked in tatkal.
Alternatively just use this Tatkal auto book extension script which would automatically book it for you.