“Do not risk your lives.” That was said by IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation to train passengers, warning them against unauthorised food suppliers aboard trains. IRCTC, in a post on microblogging site Twitter, has named 11 such unauthorised food suppliers. Railyatri, Khanagadi, Khanaonline, Travelzaika, Trainfood, Travelfood, Travelerfood, Food in train, Food on wheel, Railrasoi and erail are “not authorised to deliver food in trains. Do not risk your lives by ordering through them,” said IRCTC, the ticketing arm of Indian Railways.
Here are five things to know about IRCTC’s food delivery service, ‘E-Catering’:
1) IRCTC is the only authorised agency to take and deliver orders through e-catering in trains, the Indian Railways’ e-ticketing arm said.
2) IRCTC currently offers mobile app Food On Track on Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
3) The e-catering scheme aims to provide quality and variety in food to railway passengers, according to IRCTC’s website.
4) IRCTC is the official agency for the e-catering scheme which it runs through its authorised partners.
5) IRCTC currently offers its e-catering service at several railway stations in major metro cities. These include Mumbai Central (BCT), Chatrapati Shivaji Terminal (CST), New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), Old Delhi Railway Station (DEL), Bangalore City Junction (SBC), Chennai Central (MAS), Kanpur (CNB), Allahabad Junction (ALD), Varanasi (BSB), Lucknow (LKO), Itarasi (ET), Bhopal Junction (BPL) and Vijaywada (BZA), according to IRCTC.
How to order food via IRCTC’s e-catering service
Train passengers can book onboard meals through four modes: Online (through website www.ecatering.irctc.co.in), mobile app (through ‘Food On Track’), telephone (by dialing ‘1323’) and SMS (by sending MEAL to ‘139’), according to the IRCTC e-catering website.
Who can order via IRCTC’S e-catering service: Any passenger having a valid reservation ticket can book the meal through website. This facility can be availed by passengers having a valid reservation ticket including e-tickets or tickets taken from reservation window.