Your reserved ticket for a lower class can be upgraded to a higher class for the same train and date, subject to availability of accommodation. The upgrading of accommodation can be done only once on collection of fresh reservation charges and the fare difference. This can also be done during the journey by approaching the Traveling Ticket Examiner.
Can I upgrade my ticket to a higher class, enroute?
- How can i do SMS based Mobile Bookings ?
- IRCTC offers train tickets on non-internet mobile phones from July 1 – Business Standard
- Railradar : Live Train Status on google Maps IRCTC live tracker …
- Airtel Money ties up with IRCTC to offer train ticket booking on mobile phones
- Review: Dial-up was better than the free WiFi on Indian Railways